Florida Prostitution Defense Attorneys
Florida Sex Crimes Defense Lawyers
Prostitution in the state of Florida is no lightweight offense. Prostitution refers to the giving or receiving of trading sexual acts for currency or some type of return.
Under Florida law, a person will face prostitution or solicitation charges if they commit the following offenses:
- Own, set up, preserve, or run any building or passage for delivery for the purpose of prostitution.
- Suggest or consent to provide another person for the intention of prostitution.
- Entertain or allow the delivery of a person into any place or environment, or transport for the purpose of prostitution, or allow a person to stay there for such intentions.
- Guide, transport or agree to guide or transport a person to any area with the knowledge or any reason to think that the purpose of such guiding or transporting is prostitution.
- Offer to engage or commit to engage in prostitution.
- Solicit, persuade or obligate another to perform an act or acts of prostitution.
- Live in any establishment or be in the presence of any vehicle for the function of prostitution.
- Assist, encourage, or partake in any of the above acts in regards to agreeing, performing or setting up any act of sex for compensation.
- Pay for the services of any individual soliciting sexual acts.
In accordance with the aforementioned, it is also illegal to engage in any sexual acts with the intention of a tryst. This means that no appointments or meetings can be made for prostitution or an indecent act with the intentions of furthering such an appointment.
Whether you are facing your first offense or more, you need to contact a Florida Sex Crimes Attorney right away to ensure the best possible outcome for your unique situation. The Florida Sex Crimes Attorneys are fully equipped to handle your prostitution charge in the state of Florida and can design a defense with your future and best interests at heart.
A first offense for prostitution can result in 60 days in county jail, a second offense can end in up to one year in jail and a third offense is punishable by up to 5 years in prison. If any offense brought against you entails a minor and prostitution, the crime is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
In spite of the charges being brought against you, our criminal defense attorneys can provide you with the legal help you are entitled to. We can maximize the available defenses for your distinct case and guide you with the comprehensive legal counsel you need to face a judge and juries. Don’t delay in contacting an experienced sex crimes attorney; regain your rights today!
Arrested for prostitution in the state of Florida? Contact The Florida Sex Crimes Defense Lawyers right now!