Tampa Sex Crime Attorney Helping Individuals Accused of Sexual Abuse
Sexual abuse is considered a serious crime in Tampa – one that can carry severe criminal and financial penalties. Whether the incident involves verbal sexual harassment or physical sexual attacks, these types of sexual crimes can lead to imprisonment, expensive fines, and life-long personal consequences. Those accused of committing a sex offense are encouraged to seek legal counsel as soon as possible with an experienced Tampa sex crime attorney.
Whittel & Melton offers knowledgeable, strategic, and aggressive criminal defense for both adults and minors accused of committing sexual crimes in Tampa. Our goal is to reduce or eliminate the charges you are facing. To learn how we can help you beat your charges, contact us today to schedule a FREE and confidential consultation.
Sexual Abuse Cases We Represent
Sexual abuse can encompass a wide variety of incidents. However, all forms of sexual abuse involve conduct that is unsolicited and unwanted. If you were accused of a sexual offense, a Tampa sex crime attorney at Whittel & Melton can help you.
Our firm represents clients accused of sexual abuse offenses, such as:
- Verbal sexual harassment
- Quid pro quo
- Sexual assault
- Forceful sexual advances
- Lewd comments of a sexual nature
- Voyeurism or exhibitionism
- Sending sexually explicit text messages, emails, or photos
- Touching, kissing, groping, and other unwanted actions
Penalties for Sexual Abuse Convictions
In Tampa, the penalties for a sexual abuse conviction can include imprisonment, fines, mandatory inclusion on the National Sex Offender Registry, and more. The severity of the crime and age of the victim/assailant will also determine the penalty that is imposed. Some of the more common penalties for sexual abuse offenses in Tampa include:
- 15-30 years in prison if the victim is over the age of 12
- 25 years to life in prison if the assailant is under the age of 18 and the victim is under the age of 12
- 30 years to life in prison if the assailant used a deadly weapon or physical force to commit the sexual crime
- 25 to life in prison if the victim was under the age of 12 (in some cases, the death penalty may also be imposed)
- Sexual abuse convictions can result in expensive financial penalties, ranging between $10,000 to $15,000
Fight Your Sexual Abuse Charge With the Help of an Experienced Tampa Sex Crime Attorney
Sexual abuse charges are taken very seriously in Tampa and throughout Florida. Those convicted may face severe criminal penalties, including incarceration, fines, as well as mandatory inclusion in the National Sex Offender Registry. Persons convicted of sexual abuse may also face numerous consequences in their personal lives, such as the loss of their jobs and difficulty procuring new employment.
Anyone accused of committing a sexual offense should seek legal counsel as quickly as possible. If you or a loved one are facing sexual abuse charges, Whittel & Melton will provide you with the aggressive and strategic legal defense you need. For a FREE case evaluation, contact a Tampa sex crime attorney at our firm online or by phone at 866-608-5529.